2013年11月18日星期一

Being paid below minimum wage (UK) 2013?

  • how does online banking work
  • work injury lawyers
  • paid adoption
  • daily deal software
So I started work at a new job not going to name the company it is a big international one.


Started the job at the end of September as a seasonal temp, I do 30 hour week but do this in 3 days, 10 hour shifts. I sign a contract saying that my salary would be £12246 annual.


The first month I worked only did one week 30 hours and got paid £145.79 for this, Which straight away I thought odd but then thought it must be funny cut of dates and such. So I questioned it a few days later and found that they said it was correct. After a few emails forward and backward they have come to me with this.


"name" has been paid correctly due for his first month worked- the business had made the decision to use the following pro rata formula to process new hires/terminations/job changes due to the change in payroll processing (annual salary/12/working days in the month x worked working days in the month) working days = Monday through to Friday


For "name" this meant £12246.00/12/21*3= £145.79


Now just to point out I'm Dyslexic so my math ain't that hot.


but any how I worked out where they pulled the 21 from is 253 working days in a year / 12 = 21.


Great.

My question is what should my equation be, and what are people thoughts is this right or wrong.
  • Additional Details
  • On an Additional note this is Gross before tax
  • Yep my tax code is 944L and an other side note this is my first job this tax year.
  • My Breaks are paid for I get paid for 10 hour shifts
  • Oh and I'm 26 just to clarify the age situation.

  • Being paid below minimum wage (UK) 2013?

    没有评论:

    发表评论