2013年11月25日星期一

I believe that I've been unfairly suspended from work. What should I do next?

  • work flow software
  • black friday camcorder
Okay, so I work at a company that has had a bunch of lay offs. In the past month. My department which consisteded of about 80 employees got downsized to about 25 employees. And that is just my department. The company has many more departments.


So on the last day of the lay offs I got called in to the office along with 10 or 12 other of my collegues from my department. Everyone was getting there unemployment papers and final checks. When they called me in to the smaller office. The woman in the office told me that I could go back in to work. That they made a mistake and that I wasnt laid off after all.


This was on a Friday. So i went back to work. I worked on Friday and Sunday. When I went in on Monday morning, my manager came to me in a panic and said that I was supposed to be laid off on Friday. That my name came up on the list to let go. But that I was also on the list of employees to not terminate, so that they were supposed to move me to a different department. So his solution to the problem was to Suspend me "Pending an investigation." In his words, that they were going to place me in a different department and that they would call me in the next day or so.


So i waited for them to call me, I they didnt. On the 5th day of my suspension i went in to pick up my check from the preivous week and the women at pay roll asked me if I was still employed there. I told her what happened and she looked into it. She told me the same thing, that i was supposed to be laid off but that I was alos on the list to not be laid off if my name came up.


So she said she would look into it and call me. This was on a Friday. So i gave her the weekend to look into it. Monday came around and I havent heard from her. So I called her and she didnt go in to the office today. This experence has really soured my relatioship with the company because of the way they have handled everything. I was doing a great job prior to the lay offs. And even still, i understand that lay offs happen and that they tried to save my job. But now i've been out of work for over a week waiting for them to call me.


All the other employees got to move on with their lives, and I feel like i've been treated unfairly and if they do call me to go back to work, I almost feel like I wouldnt like to work there anymore because of the way they handled everything. I keep in touch with a lot of my fellow co workers and out of all the people that got laid off, Im the only one that got suspended. I think i'ts very unfair and I dont know what to do next. Any thoughts on my situation?


I feel like they unfairly pushed me out of the way and I didnt do anything wrong. I feel unappreciatted for everything that I did for them. And they didnt keep their promise to me.

Just some honesty would be appreciated at this point. At no point during this fiasco did I ask to keep my job. All of this has been of their own doing. I'm just waiting for them to tell me what to do next. Any thoughts?


Thanks

I believe that I've been unfairly suspended from work. What should I do next?

没有评论:

发表评论