2013年11月18日星期一

Who can I contact if my employer is making me do unpaid hours?

  • company policies
  • us company reports
  • online software development work
  • web hosting store
My store manager regularly keeps me in the store 30-40 minutes longer than my official end-of-shift, basically making me do at least 10-15 unpaid work hours per month. As far as I know, this is not just plain unfair, this is against the law.


Don't get me wrong, I'm all about going that extra mile if it's being recognised, but in this case I'm simply being used, and expected to do the unpaid overtime every time the shift ends.


Who can I contact, who are the responsible authorities, in case I'd like this to be escalated above the head office?
  • Additional Details
  • Update after seeing some replies:

    Please don't give vague answers like "find another job". I know why you say this, and believe me I will when it's possible, but I'm not in a situation before Xmas when I'd just blindly quit and hope for the best and maybe be unemployed for weeks/months. I need the money AND I want to work; I just don't want to work for free. We're in a modern western society, slavery is illegal.


    And the manager has good friends in HR, that's why I want to escalate above them.


    So I'm asking again: WHO CAN I CONTACT OFFICIALLY, who are the responsible authorities? Please answer the question itself, not something else.

  • Who can I contact if my employer is making me do unpaid hours?

    没有评论:

    发表评论