2013年10月31日星期四

Can bank threaten me with legal action after wiping debt?

  • how to be debt free
  • northern star credit union
  • national action financial services
I am getting threaten with recovery action by Danske Bank, which merged with my former bank Northern Bank. There was a debt on my account dating to about 3-4 years ago and I had changed banks so the debt just slipped into the ether. I've been working abroad for 2 1/2 years now and about 2 years ago, after a bit of explaining and negotiating, the bank agreed to clear the debt, as it was just interest accrued anyway. Now Northern Bank have merged and the new Danske bank are threatening me with recovery action if I do not pay it and say they don't have any record of correspondence. I don't have the letter either as it was 2 years ago and didn't think I would need it. The lady I am in email contact with is not very helpful either and doesn't seem willing to discuss the issue, rather just constantly sending me the address to send the money to.


Basically my question is, do I have any grounds here for refusing to pay? I feel like I am being harassed and bullied into paying for something the bank had previously agreed to write off.


Thanks


Si

Can bank threaten me with legal action after wiping debt?

没有评论:

发表评论