2013年10月31日星期四

Medical negligence after complete hysterecomy?

  • eye lasik surgery
  • cosmetic surgery chicago
  • treating back pain
  • hospital acquired infections
  • accounts receivable t chart
My cousin had a complete hysterectomy done today, and when she came out of surgery, she was immediately in excruciating pain. The nurses then informed her that they had "lost" her chart and were unable to give her anything for pain until they found it and had the doctors orders. This went on for almost 2 hours. During which time, she got yelled at multiple times for "only being 32, she should be able to handle her pain a little better." Are you kidding me??? She just had a COMPLETE hysterectomy. While they were in there they also found a 10 lb tumor that they removed! So clearly she didn't just have a minor surgery. I am so furious right now with this hospital she is in. Supposedly it's ranked "top 25 in the nation" but I don't believe it for one second! I am going to see her tomorrow, and I'm just curious if anyone has any information on if the hospital was negligent with her so far or not. I think so, but of course I am a little more worked up over this than some random person who doesn't know my cousin personally. Any responses are appreciated!
  • Additional Details
  • Clearly, I understand that. However how do you LOSE a chart? And why couldn't the doctor do something else for her? She just got cut open and torn apart. I mean really?
  • Thank you! Yes our hospital does not do charts on the computer. They are paper. So yes, they did LOSE it. I don't think she was receiving any medication, because of the fact that they were quick to give her medication as soon as her charts were found. She too lost a baby a year ago in July, had another, which he is very healthy, 6 weeks ago and now just underwent this surgery. It has been a very trying year. She also was send home without pain medicine after her csection with her son 6 weeks ago. The doctor left without prescribing any and didn't want to come back to the hospital, so she was S.O.L. He told her, if she was in that much pain, she needed to go to the ER. Well who has the $ to just drop by the er when their doctor should have written it in the first place? I am just so aggravated for her. She has been through so much and it just continues for her. =[ Thanks for all of your HELPFUL answers!

  • Medical negligence after complete hysterecomy?

    没有评论:

    发表评论