2013年10月30日星期三

Can my employer force me to change my shift?

  • security company
  • home security company
  • online internet work
  • home work business online
I am currently working an overnight shift which provides me with night differential which is imperative to me paying my bills. my employer has just contacted me and alerted me that because I called out due to a family emergency they are changing my shift to the day shift with no differential pay. They only provided me the option to work this shift for less pay ( 14 dollars per hr vs 12 dollars per hour) or " Leave the company". Is this legal?? could I still collect unemployment if I refuse? Would this be considered a doc in pay even if it is differential pay?


Other notes: This company has recently come under scrutiny for a racial comment in the training manual. There have been incidents of break in which left all of us at risk due to lack of security.

Can my employer force me to change my shift?

没有评论:

发表评论