2013年10月2日星期三

Are Payday Lending Companies allowed to send a DA or someone to your place of employment for collections?

  • personal injury at work
  • cable company in my area
  • personal injury firm
I had a payday lender call my place of employment threatening me, saying that they were going to send a DA (District Attorney) to my place of employment to arrest me or stand in my store until I made payment arrangements right there on the spot. Now mind you, anything personal outside of my company is a violation of our communications policy, which they're not to call my place of employment and speak with my manager regarding the reason they called and specify personal info. My question is, are they allowed to come to your jobt? I guess the reasoning for that was that I wrote a check that was linked to my checking account and I forgot to pay it that day and the payment was only a day late. They took it to the bank and couldn't get credit for it, so they call it a "hot check" and I guess turned that into a DA. I later made the payment the next day. Keep in mind they did not call me to inform me that I missed my appointment to make a payment. They just ran the check to the bank.

Are Payday Lending Companies allowed to send a DA or someone to your place of employment for collections?

没有评论:

发表评论