2013年10月21日星期一

As a lessee hoe can I inforce the lessor to accept and carry out his duty to manage maintainence within his bu?

  • auto repair insurance
  • basement smells damp
I am a lessee of a ground floor flat in a building which is of seven flats in all. It has become evident that there is rising damp in a communal coridor wall the other side of my kitchen wall, I have had this inspected by 4 contractors who all say this is rising damp coming from somewhere beneath communal hallway.

There is no maintainence agent for this building, the freeholder accepted responsibility some years back for collecting money from each lessee when some slight subsidence damage had occured, he assumes maintainence responsibility for communal parts of his building as each lessees lease spcifies that lessees have maintainence responsibility only for within their own flat and for repair of timbers under or above the same.Surely damp rising from beneath a corridor used by all lessees, as is the case I am stating,would be the responsibility of the freeholder to arrange repair, though he would reclaim the cost from each lessee?

I have been the only person investigating the hallway damp problem but have been in constant contact by phone and by written letter with reports and quotes .

As the condition of the said building continues to become in need of more repair, what course of action can I take as a lessee to look after my investment and the wellfare of the building of which my flat is a part, the freeholder is reluctant to do anything. As regards claiming from buildings insurance he has told me to phone the insurance company, is this something I should be doing?Surely the freeholder should take responsibility,he renews the insurance policy each year, how can I enforce any rights of duty I have as a lessee?

As a lessee hoe can I inforce the lessor to accept and carry out his duty to manage maintainence within his bu?

没有评论:

发表评论