2013年10月29日星期二

Can my employer require me to answer emails after official work hours?

  • phone cards online
  • online work opportunity
  • online work on internet
  • do work online
  • sf fire credit union
I officially work M-F 9 - 6pm in online ad sales support for a website. My boss tells/instructs me that I should check emails after hours and on weekends to make sure nothing urgent came in - can they legally require this?


Although not in my offer letter, I was coerced into getting my work email hooked up to my personal phone - I refused to do so for about 4 months since I was burnt out at my last job from taking work home with me. I finally gave in and I'm compensated $30/mo for this via an expense report.


I work in California where I know the laws tend to favor the employee more, but can't find anything online about this.


Any insight?


Thanks in advance!

Can my employer require me to answer emails after official work hours?

没有评论:

发表评论