2013年10月22日星期二

Having a dispute with mom over grandmother's will?

  • accounting for small businesses
  • make money teaching online
My mother is collecting welfare.

Currently she is enjoying power of attorney over my deceased grandmother's accounts. Using it she pays for her apartment and, admittedly, most of mine as well. A fact that she likes to lord over me.


I asked her several times if I could see the will. She kept putting me off saying she could not find it. But said that I will get x amount of dollars.


Now, I'm at a point in my life where I neeeed money. So I found the will, and the death act, and have both currently in my possession. The will says I'm entitled to whole lot more than she said. And it also said, that unlike me, she would not receive her half in one lump sum, but in monthly installments instead (makes sense since my grandmother knew she was on welfare).


So what to do, what to do? My mom doesn't know I took the documents, If shes finds them missing, she'll run to the bank and take out as much $ as possible. Also she has already laid a huge guilt trip on me about doing this sort of thing... I need the $ tho. But.. If I go the bank with the documents, the accounts will freeze for a while, and she won't be able to use it to help cover the costs of my small apartment either..

Having a dispute with mom over grandmother's will?

没有评论:

发表评论