2013年10月29日星期二

How to say NO you will not be able to attend extra work related meetings?

  • work order
  • live psychic reading
  • adhd in children
I am a teacher & seem to constantly be asked to attend meetings - some of these are 'necessary & expected' such as monthly staff meetings & committee meetings which I am (partially) paid to attend (by partially I mean that I get paid 2 hours a month for meetings but do about 4 - 6 hours).


On top of this, the meetings typically seem to be held when I am not actually working (ie I work 3 days p/w & many of the meetings seem to be on my day off or if I finish at 3pm the meeting doesn't start till 7pm etc).


Compounding this is that I live 40 minutes from where I work (ie 1 hr, 20 mins round trip!) & have 2 children so I need to pay a babysitter if I am going to attend an evening meeting. By the time I drive there & back, attend the meeting etc I am looking at a minimum of 3.5hours.


The other staff I work with, like me, have children, but unlike myself, they also have husbands who can help with caring for children whilst they attend meetings.


HOW do I politely say (& with out it sounding like my work is not important to me... because it is important to me!!!) that I can only attend 'required' meetings that I am paid to attend & meetings that are related to my personal ongoing learning & development (ie educational conferences etc)


The director seriously seems to live for her job & whilst I am passionate & love what I do ...it is my job, my kids & time with my family (let alone the $ of babysitters, travel etc which as a single parent adds up) .....How do I tell her I will not be able to attend 'extra' non-paid work related meetings & provide reasonable reasons for this without it impacting on my work & relationship with the rest of my colleagues? HELP!!! :(

How to say NO you will not be able to attend extra work related meetings?

没有评论:

发表评论