2013年10月20日星期日

Is this a dumb decision?

  • retirement fund calculator
  • marketing plan software
  • roth ira fees
Ok so I am 20 years old, no debt, $23,000+ in my bank account, not retirement fund, enlisting into the military beginning of next year, only pay for a phone bill and gas in my car.



Here is my plan:


RETIREMENT:


- Max out a Roth IRA through Vanguard ($5500) using the target date fund based on my age.


- Contribute to my company's UNMATCHED 401k (high percentage of my paycheck in order to get a decent balance for when I leave the company to enlist - Im hoping to get a min of $3000 by early next year)


** Once I enlist I plan to contribute to either the Roth TSP or Traditional TSP. If I choose Traditional, I will roll over my 401k into it. If I choose Roth, I start fresh and let my 401k sit. Both options leave my Vanguard Roth IRA on its own which I plan to max out yearly.**



PERSONAL INVESTMENT:


- Fidelity Spartan S&P Index Fund (Covers giant, large, and mid cap companies)


- Fidelity Spartan International Index Fund (Covers a large variety of foreign stocks)


- Fidelity REIT Index (Covers real estate)


- Fidelity Spartan Extended Market Index Fund (Covers mid cap, small cap, and micro companies)


I STILL NEED TO FIGURE OUT EXACT PERCENTAGES FOR EACH FUND - I could use some help on how to figure out percentages.



I dont plan on investing to all of the personal index funds at once but slowly buying them as time goes on preferably through discount cost averaging.



Is this an ideal set up? Do I have too many retirement funds going on?

Is this a dumb decision?

没有评论:

发表评论