2013年10月1日星期二

My fiancés house - does he really own it?

  • mortgage telemarketing list
  • mortgage lenders
  • severe joint pain
  • family life insurance
  • common mental illnesses
I'll be brief - my fiancés girlfriend died in a road traffic accident several years ago. They had purchased the house together and had mortgage protection. When she died, the mortgage was cleared. My fiancé says that he owns the house outright, and although I know for definite that the mortgage is cleared, I'm not so sure that he has all the facts correct. Would it be possible that his deceased girlfriend's family could have a stake in it, if they really wanted to pursue it? And since he doesn't have a will (he says he will sort all that out once we're married) could they still try to claim a part of it if anything was to happen to him after we're married? This has been playing on my mind for awhile now. I know you're going to say "just ask him", but its not that simple. He may not even be aware that her family could possibly try to claim half - maybe they're not even aware of it and some time in the future they could realise that they would have been entitled to part of it, and then start legal proceedings? Its very worrying - I'm not sure what to think. The only reason I'm asking this is because I fear that when we get married (and perhaps children come along) we would then be in a far worse situation. Any advice welcome.
  • Additional Details
  • A: I'm not being a gold digger. Not at all. I just want to feel secure about our future without digging up the past.

  • My fiancés house - does he really own it?

    没有评论:

    发表评论