2013年10月22日星期二

New employment but employer do not offer health insurance for 2 months?

  • indiana health insurance
  • employee health insurance
  • health insurance premiums
  • hastings insurance company
  • best insurance company
  • cheapest insurance company
  • employee liability insurance
  • employee leasing company
  • strep incubation period
So I quit my old job to work at a small company,

The offer letter listed that I will have health insurance, dental and 401K.

They did not however specify whether I will have them on the first day of employment, that's my mistake.


So today was my first day and I was informed that



1) I will not receive any pay check until mid november, I will be reimbursed for the missed paycheck of course.

2) I will not have health insurance until december.

3) I will not be able to enroll in the 401K until 2014.


The reason for 1 is because their pay roll system is outsourced and all documents are due on the 15th and since I started after 15th, I will not receive the pay check on Nov. 1st. This part I understand.


The health insurance part however, I do not understand. They are saying that they are switching to a new insurance company during November hence it's less of a hassle for me (or them) to just enroll when the new policy starts. Call me spoiled but being a full-time salary employee and to go a whole month without health insurance is ridiculous.


The 401K makes even less sense, the company does not even match my contribution, why does it matter when I start my 401K?


Is it worth it to negotiate with my employer to insure me right away?

Am I asking too much?
  • Additional Details
  • P.S. I accepted their offer back in the end of September, so they were expecting me. I wasn't informed about any of these delays until today.

  • New employment but employer do not offer health insurance for 2 months?

    没有评论:

    发表评论