2013年10月20日星期日

Running out of money- waiting for income support?

  • claiming income support
  • computer support network
I am an 18 year old who lives in a hostel. I had to move out of my parents house due to domestic violence. (Note: I CAN get income support as I am in full time education and estranged from my parents. Don't answer if you're going to say that I don't qualify) I had my income support application appointment at the job centre on Wednesday (16th Oct) and they couldn't seem to give me an estimate of how long it will take before I see any money- I just got 'a few weeks'. Also, I did show them my tenancy agreement from the hostel, ID, etc and they took copies of everything but they didn't even mention seeing my bank statements (even though I had them with me just in case) and stupidly I didn't say anything either. I'm worried that they'll need proof that I have no income and this will delay my claim as it could have been done on Wednesday!


I currently have £90 to my name. I have no income, and this money needs to last until I get my income support. I have to pay a £12 weekly service charge at the hostel, even though they are well aware that I have NO income- they don't care, I either pay or I'm out on the streets. I also need to buy food, toiletries, transport to/from college etc. If I am EXTREMELY careful with my money I might be able to stretch it for 3 weeks. The key word here is might. £90 for 3 weeks is nothing. But after that I am screwed. This situation is really stressing me out, I stay up all night worrying that I won't have money to stay in the hostel- or that I will have to starve myself in order to do so. I just can't deal with this kind of stress. Is there anything I can do other than wait around for my income support to kick in?

Running out of money- waiting for income support?

没有评论:

发表评论