2013年10月25日星期五

Should I remove my ex wifes credit card from my credit report and lose 7 years of history?

  • credit card relief
  • pay invoice with credit card
  • business credit report free
  • bureau credit report free
  • checking credit score
  • fix credit score
  • monitor internet usage
When my ex and I were together, we had a revolving credit account with a $10,500 limit. We divorced in 2009 and since she was the primary owner, she kept the card in her name and removed me as an authorized user. However, that is still showing as an open account on my credit report as an authorized user. It has had a zero balance since 2010. I think she just keeps it in a drawer for emergencies. I was told it could be removed from my credit report but that I would lose the 7+ years of PERFECT payment history. That card was maxed several times and paid off. For note, I did file a Chapter 7 after the divorce (this account was not mine or included at the time) in 2010. I have since rebuilt my credit, have a 1k cap one card and care credit at my dentist for about $1400.


So...should I leave that unused $10,500 revolving credit account on my report or is it hurting my score by having to much credit available that isnt being used? I'm not sure what to do or if that history is doing anything for me.
  • Additional Details
  • I do have a car loan for approx $23k (we just traded in our 2011 play toy for a cheaper 2008 more feasible rig a couple days ago). While one credit union took the deal at 5%, my own credit union, who I had my 2011 car with and they even refi 4 months ago) would not budge above $19k. First time they ever told me no so I could not stay with them at 2%. Does this change how you look at that 30%?
  • If Im calculating right Steve that would look like 24,000/35,900 = 66%


    1000 Cap One Card - maxed

    1400 Credit Care - $400 used

    23k car loan - brand new loan so 23k used im guessing

    10,500 ex wife card with history - 0 used


    $35,900 total credit, $24,000 being used
  • I have my answer I think and I thank you Steve. As I see it, if I took that 10,500 off then I'd be at 99% usage of available credit. Yikes!

  • Should I remove my ex wifes credit card from my credit report and lose 7 years of history?

    没有评论:

    发表评论