2013年10月10日星期四

Should I spend my holiday savings on going private instead of NHS and problems with the NHS?

  • medical home care services
  • long term medical care
  • preventive medical care
  • private medical insurance
  • private medical care
  • organs of the digestive system in order
  • journal of hospital infection
Hi I have been saving a few months - and have taken a mortgage type loan against my house for holidays...

I've been seen by my GP on Monday - She noticed an area of Thickening in the Armpit (breast symptom)

I was refferred to Ultrasound but at the hospital they have not recieved anything.

So - let down at hurdle No.1

I really had a lot of faith in the Breast Cancer Care in this local NHS hospital - i've read about 2 week waits for appointment then one week usually for results.


That is only a 3 week wait if i get back to my gp to find out why my refferal got lost and to ask them to refer me to the 2 week waiting list (already lost a week with the lost communication)

If you know about these kinds of things - I'm 39, and i take meds for Schizophrenia where i will be at a lifetime slightly higher risk of Breast cancer but there is none in my family

although my dad was my age when he had Testicular cancer and has been fine since it's removal


I have the option of spending 2 months wages on a consultation, an ultrasound, mammogram and biopsy which would take 2 days


I don't know what to do


Think of 2 months wages and think of 3 weeks wait for a still young person with possible breast probe

Should I spend my holiday savings on going private instead of NHS and problems with the NHS?

没有评论:

发表评论