2013年10月28日星期一

What to do if your employer is breaking many labor laws?

  • work injuries
  • injury at work
  • youtube search engine
  • employee schedule software
First example: I was hired as an employee on a W2. The first few paychecks were done correctly and taxes were taken out. after a couple months my paychecks became just a hand written check from the owners business account. Basically meaning I was being payed under the table with out taxes withheld. I was told by the owner/my boss that she would be doing this when she started and I wasnt really given a choice nor did i know any laws about this so the past 5 months i have been getting my paychecks with out taxes taken out. but then my last check this month is back to having taxes taken out. which I was not told she would be doing. (I never filled out any W4 or I9 or any other tax forms besides W2)


Second example: Some days she will schedule me to work 11 hours with only 1 half hour break or no break at all. (we do not get over time, its normal pay rate no madder what) other days she will make me come into work for only 1 or 2 hours and will only pay for that 1 or 2 hours (law states it must be min of 2 or 4 hours so im told..)


Third example: She always changes schedule according to favoritism of the month/week. some months I have got full days 6 days a week other weeks I only get 4-5 days with 1-5 hours per day.


WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS? I have been looking for another job but I really love what I do at this company and dont want to leave. Plus i havent had much luck in the job search anyways. BTW I am in the state of California .. so cal.

What to do if your employer is breaking many labor laws?

没有评论:

发表评论