2013年10月5日星期六

Am I too old to be a doc?

  • medical assistant school
  • online medical school
  • medical school
  • medical practice management
I am 32 y.o, turning 33 this December. Quit my job as a corporate research analyst in June 2012 to do a post-bac pre-med program. Didn't get into medical school on the first year, but been making steady progress on the GPA and MCAT score. They're both improving. But won't likely get into medical school until I am 35. I won't finish medical school until I am 39. And then I won't start practicing until I am 45. Should I continue with this pursuit, or should I give it up and do something less time-consuming?


I was a corporate research analyst for a group of chemical engineers/economists specialized in the oil and gas industry. A BS in chemical engineering would only take me 2 years to finish. I can start working again at 35.


I do enjoy the study and practice of medicine though . . . But the age thing makes me feel really bad about the situation most of the time.

Am I too old to be a doc?

没有评论:

发表评论