2013年10月3日星期四

Can my dads medical insurance drop me?

  • insurance quotes health
  • short term health insurance
  • business health insurance
  • prescription insurance plan
  • working capital management
Background: I recently got hired by an unnamed company, and am starting there in a couple weeks. In March, I also plan to move out after saving up enough. A couple weeks after I got hired, my Dad told me that I needed to get insurance through my new job, as our current Health care provider (United Healthcare) would drop me when I went to a company that provided insurance.


Issue: I worked at McDonalds up until about about a week ago. I've worked there for almost two years when I left. They offer health insurance. So, by my Dads logic, shouldn't I have been dropped two years ago? Or I worked at KFC before that, and they too offered health insurance, should I not have been dropped then? Keep in mind, I am 19, and turned 18 on March 6, 2012.


More Background: Turns out my Dad also lied to me about needing to get Car Insurance by myself. I understands that he might not want to pay for my health insurance anymore (I pay my own car insurance), but he pays for my sister who is 21, and married, and she also had a job very similar to the one I am about to have, and she didn't get dropped.


Question: Can my Dads health insurance really drop me? Or is he lying to me about something else?

Can my dads medical insurance drop me?

没有评论:

发表评论