2013年10月17日星期四

Does the money in a payable on death account legally have to be split with the beneficiaries as per the will?

  • how to save money in a bank account
  • wire money online to bank account
  • real estate financing
  • billing accounts payable
My mother passed away last year and left a payable on death account to my sister, the executor of the estate. The Will states that all assets be split evenly amongst the beneficiaries. My sister has decided that the payable on death account my mother entrusted to her is not part of the estate and that she has every right to keep that money out of probate and for herself. Do I have a legal right to sue the executor for my portion of that money?

Does the money in a payable on death account legally have to be split with the beneficiaries as per the will?

没有评论:

发表评论