2013年10月29日星期二

How do I proceed in Job Search with a Felony on Record ?

  • apply for employer identification number
  • job posting sites
Greetings,


I have just been recently "let go" from a Law Firm that I was working for (over 2 years). I was a good employee and gave it the very best effort I could.


Now, approaching the job market is going to be challenging because of a felony that I have on my record (from a few years ago).


If by some chance I do get an interview with a potential employer, would it be of advisable to inform them of my Felony within the interview ? I know that background checks are inevitable and that's fine. I'm just wondering if I should bring it up beforehand ? I just want to be honest with them. I've lost alot, and I have nothing else to lose by being honest.


I just want to know if employers will frown upon my honesty about my past, that's all. For those of you in HR or the Legal field, how should I approach this?


Your input is appreciated.


Thank you!

How do I proceed in Job Search with a Felony on Record ?

没有评论:

发表评论