2013年10月1日星期二

I do not owe this debt, what do i do?

  • personal debt consolidation
  • personal debt
  • online financial accounting course
  • letter head
A company has sent me a letter saying that I owe a debt for something I have never had.

I contacted them by e-mail and explained that I had never had this item and they then requested my information as I was the account holder.

I explained that as this is not my account as i have never had the item that the debt is for so it would then follow that I am not the account holder.

Due to this I refused to give out my personal information until I had been given some kind of proof that this was my debt.

They refused to send out any information about the account due to Data Protection rules, so i in turn refused to give out my personal details due to Data Protection rules too. Can i do this. ?

What do i have to do to prove if anything that this is not my account. ?
  • Additional Details
  • is it a case of they have to prove that i owe the debt, and not that i have to prove i do not.
  • @Chef what I meant is they requested my information as they believed I was the account holder.

  • I do not owe this debt, what do i do?

    没有评论:

    发表评论