2013年10月21日星期一

I have requested holiday at work...but?

  • work injury lawyer
  • work online
  • network manager software
  • project manager skills
  • letter head
  • black friday camcorder
My manager is being funny about it. Ok, I got a call from the hospital on Friday morning calling me to confirm my appointment which is on Wednesday at 10.30am as I had not responded to a letter. I said that I never got a letter, so its a good job they called me.


Now I have half a day holiday left to use at work, so because of the time I thought it would be easier to use it for this appointment. So I emailed my manager (As we have been told to do) and she has replied today saying, as its a bit short notice, they need to see evidence of my hospital letter. Which she knows I do not have as I had texted her on Friday anyway (She does not work fridays) and explained.


I did respond with the following:


As I said in my text message on Friday, I don’t have a letter as I have not received a copy as that’s why this is short notice as they gave me a courtesy call to remind me.


Also, If I am using holiday for this appointment then I should not have to provide evidence of what I am doing with my holiday. However when I come back I can bring back something from the hospital to prove I was there if you would like me to.


Am I in the right or wrong here?? I don't work in HR, but I know quite a bit about it working as a manager, you have to know things. And I think that they are in the wrong to request this.


Any advice??
  • Additional Details
  • I am in the UK
  • I am not being aggressive at all. Also my boss does not work in the same office as me, she is based miles away, so by the time I get to speak with her face to face I could of probably had a 2 week holiday in that time! The company I work for are awful to be honest, they pick at the slightest thing and actually seem to forget about what their actual job is about.
  • I am not being aggressive at all. Also my boss does not work in the same office as me, she is based miles away, so by the time I get to speak with her face to face I could of probably had a 2 week holiday in that time! The company I work for are awful to be honest, they pick at the slightest thing and actually seem to forget about what their actual job is about.

  • I have requested holiday at work...but?

    没有评论:

    发表评论