2013年10月8日星期二

Losing a job due to sickness?

  • work compensation
  • flu headache relief
This past week I called in twice. Once because I felt horrible due to a sore throat and headache along with sleep deprivation. My job is retail. After a few days I felt a little better and decided to go to work Friday... after I returned home I had a tremendous migraine or headache which then lead to a series of vomiting nearly anything I swallowed; for the most part it was simply water. I just couldn't keep anything down. Eventually I fell asleep but I had to call in again and this time my manager was kind of pissed and now I am being written up.


I have missed about 5 days of work over the span of 2 months which is bad in my opinion. Most of which were due to sickness. The last thing I need to is to be fired. How can I avoid this? For the last 4 months I had a not called in sick and I am dedicated to my work when I am there. What are the chances of me being fired?


I felt helpless this past Friday night because A. I had just come home from work seemingly ok. B. not a single ounce of sympathy - vomiting at least 5 times and not feeling comfortable enough to even get out of bed is bad enough but isn't there anything I can do?

Losing a job due to sickness?

没有评论:

发表评论