2013年10月17日星期四

My name is on my dad's bank account, what happens when he passes away, HELP?

  • accounting distance learning
  • moving storage
  • best business bank accounts
My dad is 67 and I'm 21, I'm moving out sometime next year. About 3 years ago he put my name on his account so it would be easier for me to get groceries using his debit card and things like that.

I've asked him if anything happens to him, would I be responsible for any bill debt tied to that account, or even possibly taxes and he said no I just have to show them the death certificate and close the account but I think I should take my name off the account just the be on the safe side

I don't want to be legally responsible for my parent's debt just because my name is on the account...I'm not sure if I'm a cosigner or if I'm just an authorized user because I'm not too sure what the difference is there...

any advice would be appreciated


I'm moving out soon anyway so I'm eventually going to take my name off the account, but this question is if he passes away before I move out (his health isn't great).

Thanks for the advice

My name is on my dad's bank account, what happens when he passes away, HELP?

没有评论:

发表评论