2013年10月3日星期四

Resigning from job after only one week. HELP?

  • social work training
  • purchasing manager training
  • sales manager training
  • the coming depression
  • new smartphones coming out
Started last Monday and I've taken about as much as one person can stand. Let a job to take take on this new role. I had some reservations but proceeded on with taking the offer and as a result here I am!


First day, didn't go well at all. Pulled in a conference room to map, save favorites, and dowload documents. Not hard right? Well, my nerves must have gotten the best of me because my mind drew a blank as I tried to to remember how to do many of the things because it's been years since I've done a few of them. Of course I know that when mapping files the path needs to be typed in exactly! Before I could fix my back slashes to forward...it was being pointed out that they were incorrect and needed to all be going in the same direction. Things did not go well.


This information was shared with my manager and everything went downhill lfrom there. My "mentor" who pointed out my errors...sits diagionally behind me and watches every move I make. I've worked in several corporate evironments and have never been treaded so badly. Being out of the field for sometime has slowed me down. I can hear him and my manager discussing me and all that I don't know. Im older than many of the people on my team that work in the office MUCH...they all appear to be under 30(manager included). I am 40!


I would think that if they were going to be discussing aything regarding myself ...seeing as I only sit one row over from my manager, they would be in a confernce room and not in an open area where both myself as well as my peers can hear everything.


So many things have happened in this first week. Im so humiiliated! Too much to type!


This is definitely not an environment that I can be successful in. I was able to determine this on my first day.


The position is with a national insurancne company located here on the East coast.



What the hell am I gonna do!
  • Additional Details
  • I currently in training. Started on Monday. First day was ok. Everyone was looking at me...few members from my team who sit near my manager and can hear her conversations...look at me sadly. The trainers have also been told something because I can tell by the way they treat me and the comments they make.


    Im humiliated. My understanding is the girl who I replaced also was having these same type of problems. I remember it coming it coming up in my interview...as a red flag to me but I overlooked my managers comments regarding her and the situation.
  • I overheard my manager asking my mentor what did he think it would take for me to be successful and he his response was, "Considering what Ive seen, Im not sure sure she is capable". I almost cried when I heard that. Everyone was at their desk...so we could all hear the conversation.

  • Resigning from job after only one week. HELP?

    没有评论:

    发表评论