2013年10月11日星期五

Can I be garnished without being served or contacted?

  • accept credit card payment
  • credit card payment gateway
  • credit online payment
  • thompson tax and accounting
I recieved a garnishment at my work - So I called them - they served my ex-husband in 2012 but they never served me - they said they left me several voice mails but they read me two phone numbers that I never had....so they never contacted me at all....I've had my current phone number for at least two years....


the garnishment is for $15,800, the original debt is from a Bank Of America credit card in the amount of $6451 and the rest is interest!! The court documents I looked up have the amount at $6451 in august of 2012 - can they really charge me almost 10 grand in interest in a year?


they said I can offer a settlement - a lump sum - he suggested 12k LOL I asked what if I offered the original amount, he said they wouldnt take it but they would make a counter offer....


he said I could make payment arrangements but only after the garnishment ran for 60 days -


is this legal in Washington State?

Can I be garnished without being served or contacted?

没有评论:

发表评论