2013年10月21日星期一

Is this too many retirement accounts? HELP?

  • fund accounting software
  • hedge fund accounting
  • fund accounting
  • money market fund
  • roll up banners
  • roth ira fees
I am 20, $23,000 in bank, no debt, only pay a phone bill and gas for my car, enlisting early next year into military.


Is this too many retirement plans?


Option 1: (Total accounts: potentially 3)

- 401k (unmatched) through my current empoyer

- Roth TSP through military w/ 5% match (can potentially roll into existing IRA?)

- Roth IRA through Vanguard (maxed out every year) - using Target Date Fund


Option 2: (Total accounts: 2)

- 401k (unmatched) through my current empoyer (can roll into the Traditional TSP once I enlist)

- Traditional TSP through military w/ 5% match

- Roth IRA through Vanguard (maxed out every year) - Using Target Date Fund


***MAIN DIFFERENCE: Option 1 includes ROTH tsp, Option 2 includes TRADITIONAL tsp. 401k plans can only rollover into the TRADITIONAL tsp, roth ira can NOT rollover into either.***
  • Additional Details
  • I have nothing started yet. I only have the money in my savings. I am asking this question for very soon decisions.


    I do plan on investing in a few index funds as personal investments such as fidelity spartan 500, international, extended market, and reit...would these cause overlap or are index funds and retirement funds kept separate?

  • Is this too many retirement accounts? HELP?

    没有评论:

    发表评论