2013年10月26日星期六

Can a job have you scheduled to work a lower paying position than what you were hired for?

  • online school work
  • social work training
  • half life dedicated server
  • quit smoking pills
I was hired as a waitress in a medium size restaurant chain. (Many locations in 4 states). I was trained as a waitress.


However they scheduled me to work a 14 hour shift this Friday, half as a waitress the other half was written in to fill in for a hostess.


TECHNICALLY, on paper the payrate is the same. HOWEVER Hostess do not get tips at our restaurant.


Does any of this sound right? I feel for one a job shouldnt have you work 14 hours (big issue for me), but secondly should not have you scheduled to work a position that makes significantly less than you do. Its not what I agreed to do when I was hired. Is it legal?
  • Additional Details
  • Well then I guess Im quitting if my boss wont fix it because that is not okay with me regardless of its legal or not. Glad I have two jobs.

  • Can a job have you scheduled to work a lower paying position than what you were hired for?

    没有评论:

    发表评论