2013年10月23日星期三

Employer sent me overseas without enough money to live?

windows live cloud

I'm doing an internship overseas and before leaving, they told me the stipend I'd be receiving will be enough to cover accommodation, food, transportation and basic necessities. When I arrived, they gave me no support at all in finding housing (despite what my contract says) and I found out the housing situation here is extremely difficult, where the standard practice is to pay 1 years of rent in advance and good, secure housing is expensive and difficult to find.


The stipend they are giving me is not enough. Since I arrived 3 months ago, I moved 5 different times living with random people who'd take me in temporarily while I looked for housing, living out of my suitcase and stressing about not having a place to live. I still haven't found anywhere I can live in because of my budget. I don't have additional funds myself to complement my stipend.


I asked the organization to increase my stipend slightly so I can secure housing. They denied it for bullsh!t reasons. I have lost almost all respect for this organization and for my coworkers, who have stood by watching me struggle without doing anything to help.


What is the best course of action at this point?


Do I pack up and go back home and be jobless to say fcuk you to the organization? Or do I somehow try to stay put despite all the bullsh!t so that I can put this job on my cv and get a fcuking reference? I really need some good advice.


It's difficult to go into work everyday and grit it out when you've lost respect for the place and people...

Employer sent me overseas without enough money to live?

没有评论:

发表评论