2013年10月19日星期六

Money withdrawn from my checking account by mistake. Who pays the overdraft fees?

  • online university accounting
  • university fees
  • columbia university online degrees
  • prepaid debit cards direct deposit
  • prepaid debit cards with direct deposit
  • prepaid debit card direct deposit
I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Columbia University. I am payed through Columbia University payroll system, but Columbia University is not my employer. I have a fellowship from the National Institutes of Health that pays for my postdoctoral training at Columbia. This morning Columbia withdrew my last two paychecks from my checking account at Chase (I have a direct deposit). Apparently they thought that I was overpaid, which was not the case. Of course, they overdrew my account and now I'm charged with overdraft fees too. My questions are:


Can Columbia University access my checking account without my knowledge? I do understand that with direct deposit employers are usually granted direct withdrawals. But again, whether it makes difference or not, Columbia University is not my employer.


Hopefully Columbia University will reimburse me soon for the withdrawn paychecks, but what am I supposed to do if neither Columbia nor Chase cover/cancel the overdraft fees?


Thank you for your help,

Money withdrawn from my checking account by mistake. Who pays the overdraft fees?

没有评论:

发表评论