2013年10月2日星期三

Who Owns My Bespoke Software? Me or my Employer?

  • criminal law software
  • software company
  • software development company
  • work flow software
  • online software development work
  • work order software
  • web design company
I made a calculator that works out the charge for the company's customers, in Visual Basic .Net.


It's my design, my idea, every part of the 1500-1800 lines of code is my own intellectual property. It was even programmed on my own personal laptop, and only the binary exe's have been on their machine, and the source code remains on my personal laptop as they won't provide me with a works machine.


The CEO has recently been treating staff like children, and myself with even less respect by complaining to be about petty things.


I'm considering leaving to accept a job with a mate starting a similar business, but with slightly more pay, and better hours, with my £70 per month paid for me.

But staying out because I believe in loyalty.

Which in fact is one if the things the CEO seems to ignore in me.


To protect myself, the source code is set to fail to load on computers with hardware serial codes that I've not authorised (in a string/constant), and also checks online for the real uk time/date, comparing with another constant date defined by myself as a monthly cut off. So if they fire me the software will fail at the end if the month.


I'm looking for someone to advise me in where I stand on my rights....

Do I have the right to decline use of my software at any time?

Could they get away with firing me if I chose to do so?

These sort of questions are what I'm looking for, just general advice about this area of law and any other useful things I should know....


I've got my name hard wired into the interface and it is undeniably made by myself....


Thanks for any advice in advance :)

Who Owns My Bespoke Software? Me or my Employer?

没有评论:

发表评论