2013年10月19日星期六

When should I receive claim check from property insurance to pay contractors?

  • auto insurance company
  • health insurance company
  • late payment charges
A pipe burst in the apartment building I own and two units got flooded. I filed a claim right away and an independent insurance adjuster came two days later.


The adjuster and claims representative approved of the cost of the repairs to be paid to the contractor.


However, the contractor is ditching me to do other projects for days at a time. One time, they disappeared for a week.


The contractor said they were sending their workers to do other projects because they are getting paid way too late from the insurance, and they have to send the workers to do other jobs that would pay them right away.


The contractor told my insurance that it would take 8 weeks to finished (Though in reality, it should only take 4 weeks if they showed up for work every day like they are supposed to). The claim check arrived on the 7th week and they got paid.


The insurance company didn't think the payment was late, and they don't give advances up front. So is the contractor lying to me regarding not being paid on time?


Normally, how soon should a contractor get paid from the insurance?

When should I receive claim check from property insurance to pay contractors?

没有评论:

发表评论